Save money on your Energy Bills
Have a look below for some top tips and brilliant ideas that could help you save money on your energy bills.
- If your radiators have cold spots your radiator may need bleeding. this is quick and easy to do and means that your radiator will not have to work so hard. Have a look at a tutorial here.
- Turning your thermostat down by one degrees could save you money all year round
- Try tucking your curtains behind the radiators. This should help to keep the warm air where you want it and should save you money on heating bills.
- Save money when the clocks go forward on the 29th March by reprogramming your heating.
- Try fitting your boiler with a hot water jacket. Using the recommnded thickness of 80mm could save you money every year.
- Avoid leaving devices on standby as this can increase your energy bills.
- Washing clothes on a 30 degree cycle could help to prolong the life of your clothes and reduce your electric bill.
- Don't completely refill your kettle every time you use it, try only filling it with the amount of water you need.
- If you're going on holiday switch of and unplug all appliances that aren't for safety or essential.
- Turn off light when you leave the room.
- Try fitting a water efficent head on your shower, this could save you up to £80 per year. This website has lots of water saving gadgets to give you some ideas.
- Consider fitting a water meter, which will only charge you for the amount of water you use.
- Collect rainwater in a water butt that can be used in the garden.