We have tried to ensure that our website is as accessible as possible for all our customers. We are in the process of reviewing all content across our site and since 2012 we have relaunched a number of key content areas. In doing so we have refocused our commitment to writing content that is free of jargon, using simple, plain English.
Help with using our website
Recent advances in operating systems and web browsers now mean that most devices have their own built in accessibility aids (or assistive technologies) to help you access the internet.
The BBC’s My web my way provides advice and help to all those people who would benefit from making changes to their browser, operating system, or computer to be able to view the web in a more accessible way.
The site is not only for those with disabilities (visual, hearing, motor, cognitive or learning impairments) but also, for example, for those people with minor vision impairments who would not consider themselves to have a disability.
Their guidance includes:
- making your mouse easier to use
- using your keyboard to control your mouse
- alternatives to a keyboard and mouse
- increasing the size of the text in your web browser
- changing text and background colours
- how to magnify your screen
- screen readers and talking browsers