Take a look in a Charity Shop, grab yourself a bargain and cut down on waste at the same time
- Many charity shops are stocked full of high quality items for low prices, many items are in a like-new condition so you can find a real bargain. Some event still have the tags on!
- By shopping in charity shops, you are donating money to aid their work.
- You can find unusual items not found on the high street.
- As well as clothes, you can pick up all sorts of bits and bobs including board games, CD's, DVD's and toys.
- The stock is changing all the time so you can pop in on a regular basis and grab a bargain each time.
There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer at your local charity shop, just pop into your nearest store and enquire. There are lots of opportunities available ranging from helping on the shop floor to driving a delivery van.
Charity Retail Association
Formed in 1999, the association is the only member organisation dedicated to supporting registered charities that run shops, or who are interested in running shops, as part of their fundraising activities.
By pooling expertise and joining forces to promote common interests, they help members to operate their shops as effectively as possible and provide information and guidance to those who are just starting out in charity retail.
The association's 300 members range from the largest national charities to locally based hospices, running between them 6800 shops.