Top Tips for the Workplace
Have a look below for some great reduce, reuse and recycle tips to put to good use in your workplace.
- Write and print on both sides of a page.
- Print only what you need to, condense the text and reduce the print quality, to save paper and ink.
- Send e-mails and e-cards to reduce paper waste.
- Instead of throwing your unwanted items away, consider ways in which they could be reused.
- Consider donating old computing, or audio-visual, equipment to schools, and unwanted magazines to waiting rooms.
- Collecting for charities within the workplace is also a good idea. Old mobile phones and unwanted computer equipment can help raise much needed charity funds.
- Save money by bringing in your own lunch in a reusable lunchbox or if you use plastic sandwich bags they can also be cleaned and reused.
- Reuse envelopes, parcel paper, gift bags, string, and elastic bands.
- Reuse scrap paper. Keep a tray for used paper by the phone for notes, etc.
- Window envelopes – can they be recycled with that plastic window? Yes they can. The plastic window will be removed at the recycling plant.
- The use of recycling posters can increase knowledge of recycling schemes throughout any workforce.
- Positioning recycling bins in a convenient place will make it much easier for people to recycle
If you have a top tip suggestion of your own that you would like to see shared on our website and social networking sites send us an email on the contact page.