Mid Devon Recycling Information
In this section, residents living in the Mid Devon area can find out information on recycling and refuse collections in their area.
If we have missed your refuse/recycling collection, please contact Mid Devon District Council on 01884 255255 or report a missed collection online here.
What can I recycle?
Black recycling box 1
Sweet and biscuit tins
- Plastic packaging:
Plastic carrier bags***
Black recycling box 2
Shredded paper (please bag)
C and D
6V and 9V
We don’t currently accept Lithium-Ion batteries.
Please tape terminals where possible.
* Includes mixed coloured glass
** Includes plant pots
***Only carrier bags or white pedal bin liners please – we can’t collect any other types of polythene at this time
**** Batteries must be placed inside a clear plastic bag/pot inside black recycling box 2
If you only have room for one recycling box, as long as it’s clean and tidy, we’ll hand sort it by the kerbside for you.
- Put shredded paper in carrier bags or white pedal bin liners to avoid littering during windy conditions.
- Rinse out all bottles, cans, tins and plastic.
- Squash all cans, tins and plastic.
- Squeeze air out of bottles and replace lids.
- Remove film from plastic pots and tubs.
- Help our crews do their job quickly and safely by sorting your recycling within your boxes, see Recycling guidance.
- Shoes must be paired.
- Clean and dry textiles can be put in a clear plastic bag in/next to black recycling box 2. Textiles must be dry, unsoiled and placed in carrier bags or white sacks – wet items will not be collected.
Green recycling box
Kitchen and toilet roll inner
White and brown wrapping paper (non-glittery/ non-metallic wrapping paper)
Christmas cards without glitter or embellishment
- Mobile phones ink cartridges and toners:
Small electricals – please click here for more information.
Place ink cartridges and toners inside a carrier bag (not black in colour) before putting in your recycling box
Cartons used for liquid foods
• Rinse and squash cartons.
• Flat pack all cardboard.
Blue food caddy
- Meat and bones
- Tea and coffee grounds
- Dairy produce
- Bread and pastries
- Fruit and vegetables
If you want to line your caddy you can use any type of compostable liner or plastic bag, please click here for more information.
You can use small amounts of kitchen roll or newspaper to line your caddy and wrap your food waste.
Optional, chargeable service.
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge cuttings
- Plants, shrubs and weeds
- Cut flowers
- Twigs and small branches (less than 15cm/6” diameter)