Plymouth City Council Waste and Recycling Information
In this section, residents living Plymouth can find out information on recycling and refuse collection in their area.
Find out what your collection days are here.
Find out about household bulky waste collections here.
If you have missed your refuse/recycling collection, you can report a missed collection online here.
For more information regarding refuse and recycling in Plymouth, please click here.
What can I recycle?
Green recycling bin
- Glass – all glass bottles and jars can be recycled, whether they are clear, brown, green or blue
- Plastics – drink bottles, shampoo bottles, food trays, yoghurt pots, margarine tubs, ice cream tubs, fruit punnets, detergent bottles
- Paper and card – newspapers, magazines, office paper, directories, cereal packets, envelopes, junk mail and cards, catalogues, cardboard packaging, shredded paper
metal – food and drinks cans, aerosols, aluminium food trays and containers, biscuit and cake tins, clean sheet cooking foil, metal lids, tops and caps.
Please give your pots, tubs, trays, bottles and jars a rinse to remove any food waste.
Please do not put any black bags in your green bin as these cannot be recycled.
Please flatten or crush items like plastic milk bottles and cardboard boxes to make more room.
- Coffee cups
- Food waste
- Glass – mirrors, sheet glass
- Shiny giftwrap – shiny foil gift wrap, cards with glitter and glue, dirty foil, foil lined food packets
- Soft plastics – plastic bags, plastic film – if you can scrunch it up it cannot be recycled.
Please do not put any batteries in your green or brown bin.
Garden waste bag
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge trimmings
- Twigs and branches up to 7cm in width