South Hams Recycling Information

In this section, residents living in South Hams can find information on recycling and refuse collection in their area.

Click here to find out your collection days.

Click here to find out about household bulky waste collections.

If you have missed your refuse/recycling collection, please contact South Hams District Council on 01803 861199 or report it here.

For all other recycling and waste information in South Hams, please click here.

What can I recycle?

Clear Sacks

Plastics –  all plastic bottles, squash and put your lids back on.
Tins and Cans – food and drinks cans, empty aerosol cans.
Foil – clean foil

Blue Sacks

Papers – newspapers and magazines, junk mail and envelopes, printed writing and shredded paper, wrapping paper, books and catalogues.
Cardboard – corrugated card, cardboard packaging, kitchen roll tubes, egg boxes, greetings cards.
Cartons – Food and Drinks Cartons
Large pieces of cardboard should be placed in the sack or flattened and placed beside the sack.

Brown Bin

Food waste – all raw and cooked food waste including; meat, fish, egg shells, bread, vegetable peelings and paper kitchen towels etc.
Food waste can also be composted. For more information on composting at home, please click here.
Garden waste – grass cuttings, weeds and leaves, clean straw and hedge clippings and small branches (up to 10cm in diameter)
Please do not place any plastic, cardboard, soil or rubble items in your brown bin.