Teignbridge Recycling Information
In this section, residents living in Teignbridge can find information on recycling and refuse collection in their area.
What can I recycle?
- White paper
- Newspapers and magazines
- Directories and catalogues
- Junk mail
- Shredded paper
- White window envelopes
- Yellow pages
Green recycling box
- Thick and thin card
- Cardboard packaging
- Cereal boxes
- Egg boxes
- Ready meal sleeves
- Brown paper wrapping or brown envelopes
- Toilet roll tubes
- Greetings cards (without foil or glitter)
- Wrapping paper (not foil)
- Glass bottles (with or without lids attached)
- Glass jars (with or without lids attached)
- All coloured glass
- Batteries (placed in a small plastic bag)
- Printer cartridges
- Mobile phones and chargers
Black recycling box
- Plastic bottles including lids (eg. drinks, detergent and shampoo bottles)
- Plastic pots (eg. yoghurt pots)
- Plastic tubs (eg. ice cream tubs and margarine tubs)
- Plastic trays (eg. ready meal trays, fruit trays and meat trays)
- Food cans
- Drinks cans
- Metal lids from jars and cans
- Biscuit and sweet tins
- Empty deodorant aerosols
- Empty household aerosols
- Foil containers (eg. ready meals, pie and quiche cases, take away trays and pet food trays)
- Foil lids (eg. yoghurt and cream tubs, instant noodles)
- Confectionary foil – some chocolate bars are wrapped in foil
- Kitchen foil
Cardboard should be flattened, torn or folded to fit inside your recycling box.
Large boxes that have been folded may still be too big to fit inside the opening on the collection lorry and will not be collected.
Only recycling placed inside your box will be collected.
Large boxes that cannot fit inside your box should be taken to a recycling bank or your local recycling centre.
Glass should be rinsed before recycling.
Blue food waste container:
- Bread and pastries
- Egg shells
- Meat and bones
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Fruit and vegetables
- Cut flowers
We recommend lining your food waste container to keep it clean. Containers can be lined with any of the following:
- Supermarket carrier bags
- Pedal bin liners
- Bread bags
- Compostable liners can also be used
- Alternatively, food waste can be wrapped in small amounts of newspaper
Please place your textiles in a carrier bag next to your recycling boxes outside your home on your collection day.
We do not provide bags so please reuse a bag you have from a store or supermarket.
- Clothes – clean and wearable
- Blankets and sheets
- Paired shoes
We are unable to collect textiles put out for collection in a black sack or large charity bag, we are only able to collect textiles in carrier bag sized bags.
Please ensure that your textiles are dry.
Our textiles are collected for reuse please only donate items that are in a wearable condition.
Green garden waste bin
Optional, chargeable garden waste collection.
- Grass cuttings
- Cut flowers
- Hedge clippings
- House plants (please remove soil)
- Twigs and small branches up to 10cm thick
- Shrub prunings
- Real Christmas trees (contained in bin)