Torbay Recycling Information

In this section, residents living in Torbay can find information on recycling and refuse collection. Click here to find out what your collection days are. Click here to find out about household bulky waste collections. If you have missed your refuse/recycling collection, please contact SWISCo on tel: 01803701316 or fill in the form. For more detailed information regarding refuse and recycling in Torbay, please click here

What can I recycle?

Box 1

Paper –  including Yellow Pages, junk mail, all types of envelopes and shredded paper
Plastic – All empty plastic bottles, margarine tubs, yoghurt pots, ice cream tubs, clear plastic fruit containers
Metals – Food tins and drink cans, foil, aerosols and large tins e.g. Quality Street.
Textiles – clean dry clothes, clean dry sheets, clean dry towels and pairs of shoes. Please put these items in a loosely tied plastic carrier bag.
Batteries – all household batteries, button batteries, hearing aid batteries, car batteries, laptop batteries, phone batteries.
Printer Cartridges – all printer Ink Cartridges

Box 2

Glass – mixed glass bottles and jars.
Metals – foil packaging, aluminium food trays, tin foil.
Cardboard – any cardboard (please flatten/ fold), cereal boxes, cardboard tubes.
Cartons food and drink cartons, fruit juice cartons.
Oil – cooking oil and engine oil, please put in a sealed container.
Mobile phones – all types of mobile phones.
Small electricals – no larger than a single standard carrier bag.  Food waste bins
Food waste – all cooked and uncooked food waste including, fruit and vegetables, meat and fish, cheese and dairy products, plate scrapings and bread and pasta.

Food Waste Container

All cooked and uncooked food waste can be recycled in your food waste bin including the following;

  • Fruit and vegetables
  • Meat and fish
  • Cheese and dairy products
  • Bread, pasta, rice and cereals
  • Tea bags and coffee grounds
  • Plate scrapings

Any type of plastic bag can be used to line your food waste caddy. Residents are provided with a small food caddy to keep inside the house. This can be used to transfer food waste to the larger food bin, which can be stored outside the property. The food waste bin can be locked by simply swinging the handle over the bin to the front.